You'll find plenty of reasons why North Dakota is a great place to do business. Here are just a few:
- Unlike most states, North Dakota has federal income tax deductibility for corporation income tax.
- Our individual income tax burden is computed as 14 percent of the taxpayer's federal tax liability and is generally considered the lowest of any state that levies an income tax.
- In North Dakota you don't have to pay tax on the sales of many items that other states tax. For example, sales taxes do not apply to electricity, most professional services and groceries. Your cost of doing business is lower in North Dakota.
- We have some of the most affordable workers compensation and unemployment insurance tax rates in the nation.
Income Tax Incentives
Wage and Salary Credit
A corporation doing business in North Dakota for the first time may take an income tax credit equal to:
- 1% of all wages and salaries paid the first three years of operation; and
- 1/2% of wages and salaries paid in the fourth and fifth years.
Want to know more about doing business in North Dakota? Contact the Department of Economic Development and Finance at: